College application time already? Does it seem like just the other day your babies were running around in diapers? Now they are driving and figuring out what they want to do when they graduate. If college is in their future, now is the time to think about leaving the nest and applying for colleges.
We're excited to be hosting two great events for teens and their parents to help you begin the college preparation process. Both workshops will be held in our Evergreen Library and are facilitated by Karen Fong Donoghue, college admissions consultant.
College Application Workshop
1 p.m. Saturday, August 1
Gain an edge in the college application process by:
- Understanding components involved in a college application
- Learning how to complete either a Common Application or CU Application
- Learning how to write a winning primary college essay
- Formulating timelines to complete all college applications in a manageable and strategic manner
Please bring (if possible):
- Personal Laptop
- Updated Unofficial Transcript
- Copies of Test Scores (SAT, ACT, SAT Subject)
- Primary College Essay Draft (Optional – Only if student wants it reviewed)
College Planning 101
6 p.m. Wednesday, August 5
Teens and their parents will discuss college admissions process, understanding how to choose the right college prep curriculum, which standardized tests to take, when and how to find colleges that will be the best fit, and how to get the most college money and scholarships.